Password protecting your site
Enable your password protection
- Navigate to your online store by clicking 'Online Store' on the menu located on the left hand side of your screen.
- Click the button 'Preferences' on the menu.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the section 'Password Protection'
- You can now enable your password page by ticking the box.
- There will normally be an auto-generated password provided, but you can change this to whatever you want, make sure that you use a unique password that is not easily guessed.
- If you would like to set a message for your customers to see when they visit your website then you can type this here. This is often used for informing your customers that you are either working on your website on your website or when the site will be expected to be back live.
- Once you have finished setting your password and message, make sure to scroll down the page and click save.
- When you have finished working on your website, you can take down the password protection page by un-ticking the password box - make sure to click 'Save' when you have finished.