An announcement bar can be used in many different ways, like announcing a new product, a launch date, dates your shop is closed for holiday, or displaying other important information.
- Log into your Shopify Account.
- Using the menu on the left hand side of your screen, select 'Online Store'
- You will now be navigated to a new page.
- Now click on the button labelled 'Customise'
- You will now be re-directed to the theme customiser, this is where all website edits are to be made.
- The announcement bar is located within the section titled 'Header'
- The header is located on the left hand side of your screen at the top of the page
- Select 'Header' and scroll down to the bottom of the header menu.
- Once you have scrolled down the header menu you will see the section titles 'Announcement'.
- Tick the box that is titled 'Show Announcement'.
- Once you have ticked the box titled 'Show Announcement' you can decide if you would like the announcement to display on every page of your website or just on your homepage.
- You can now enter what you would like your announcement bar to day in the 'Announcement Text' box.
- If you would like to include a website link you can enter it into the 'Announcement Link' Box.
- You can also change the colour of your announcement bar.
- Once you are happy with how your announcement is displaying at the top of the page you can click save.
Announcement Bar Complete
- Once you have clicked save click the back arrow located the the top right hand side of your screen.
- This will navigate you back to your websites homepage.
Announcement Bar Is Now Live
- You can now save your work and exit the website builder by clicking on the icon located next to your template name.
- Your announcement bar is now live for your customers to see.